For most, finding one’s purpose in life is something only achieved after decades of soul-searching, if at all. Big Sean, however, knew his true calling ever since he laid eyes on his first C-note: “I feel like getting’ paper is my destiny.” On new mixtape single Mula, the Motown rhymesayer pledges allegiance to the Almighty Dollar, lacing Young Chop‘s icy trap boardwork with high-rolling lyrical snapshots of his paper chase. Fellow lover of lucre French Montana contributes a high-rolling guest 16 on the back, and Mike Carson and Mike Waxx co-direct the record’s opulent official visuals. In addition to copping Sean’s Detroit street album, available now online, fans should stay tuned for further details on sophomore studio album Hall of Fame: Memoirs of a Detroit Player, due out in 2013. Click here to show your support for the artist in the Best of the Booth Awards, where he’s currently in the running for Best Mixtape/Street Album and Best Emcee of 2012.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.