For most, finding one’s purpose in life is something only achieved after decades of soul-searching, if at all. Big Sean, however, knew his true calling ever since he laid eyes on his first C-note: “I feel like getting’ paper is my destiny.” On new mixtape single Mula, the Motown rhymesayer pledges allegiance to the Almighty Dollar, lacing Young Chop‘s icy trap boardwork with high-rolling lyrical snapshots of his paper chase. Fellow lover of lucre French Montana contributes a high-rolling guest 16 on the back, and Mike Carson and Mike Waxx co-direct the record’s opulent official visuals. In addition to copping Sean’s Detroit street album, available now online, fans should stay tuned for further details on sophomore studio album Hall of Fame: Memoirs of a Detroit Player, due out in 2013. Click here to show your support for the artist in the Best of the Booth Awards, where he’s currently in the running for Best Mixtape/Street Album and Best Emcee of 2012.
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.