For most, finding one’s purpose in life is something only achieved after decades of soul-searching, if at all. Big Sean, however, knew his true calling ever since he laid eyes on his first C-note: “I feel like getting’ paper is my destiny.” On new mixtape single Mula, the Motown rhymesayer pledges allegiance to the Almighty Dollar, lacing Young Chop‘s icy trap boardwork with high-rolling lyrical snapshots of his paper chase. Fellow lover of lucre French Montana contributes a high-rolling guest 16 on the back, and Mike Carson and Mike Waxx co-direct the record’s opulent official visuals. In addition to copping Sean’s Detroit street album, available now online, fans should stay tuned for further details on sophomore studio album Hall of Fame: Memoirs of a Detroit Player, due out in 2013. Click here to show your support for the artist in the Best of the Booth Awards, where he’s currently in the running for Best Mixtape/Street Album and Best Emcee of 2012.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.