Big Sean has been signed for more a minute now, and although has put out a consistent string of mixtape hits, he has lacked the necessary radio hit that artists need to become a household name. Thanks to R&B star Chris Brown and G.O.O.D. Music super producer No I.D., however, Sean’s My Last might actually be “his first” mainstream single. Brown starts off the record with some auto-tuned vocals, as No I.D. sets the mood with some soft keyboard chords that transition well into the hook where a low bass and snare set the pace for the Motown native’s first verse. Sean’s lyricism is always best when he is rapping about what he’s comfortable with: in his case, that means girls, weed, and partying like it’s the last night of his life (kinda like your average 22-year-old male). Whether he’s telling a girl what he’s going to do to her, or what kind of bottles he’ll be popping, Sean is pretty smooth. So, with Finally Famous: The Album set for release in late March, does Big Sean finally have his big hit?
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/8/11
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.