Big Sean has been signed for more a minute now, and although has put out a consistent string of mixtape hits, he has lacked the necessary radio hit that artists need to become a household name. Thanks to R&B star Chris Brown and G.O.O.D. Music super producer No I.D., however, Sean’s My Last might actually be “his first” mainstream single. Brown starts off the record with some auto-tuned vocals, as No I.D. sets the mood with some soft keyboard chords that transition well into the hook where a low bass and snare set the pace for the Motown native’s first verse. Sean’s lyricism is always best when he is rapping about what he’s comfortable with: in his case, that means girls, weed, and partying like it’s the last night of his life (kinda like your average 22-year-old male). Whether he’s telling a girl what he’s going to do to her, or what kind of bottles he’ll be popping, Sean is pretty smooth. So, with Finally Famous: The Album set for release in late March, does Big Sean finally have his big hit?
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!