Big Sean has been signed for more a minute now, and although has put out a consistent string of mixtape hits, he has lacked the necessary radio hit that artists need to become a household name. Thanks to R&B star Chris Brown and G.O.O.D. Music super producer No I.D., however, Sean’s My Last might actually be “his first” mainstream single. Brown starts off the record with some auto-tuned vocals, as No I.D. sets the mood with some soft keyboard chords that transition well into the hook where a low bass and snare set the pace for the Motown native’s first verse. Sean’s lyricism is always best when he is rapping about what he’s comfortable with: in his case, that means girls, weed, and partying like it’s the last night of his life (kinda like your average 22-year-old male). Whether he’s telling a girl what he’s going to do to her, or what kind of bottles he’ll be popping, Sean is pretty smooth. So, with Finally Famous: The Album set for release in late March, does Big Sean finally have his big hit?
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.