It’s hard to tell Big Sean‘s story without heavy usage of the word “finally.” It was two years after their first meeting in ‘05 before Kanye finally signed the Motown native, three more before he got the gears turning for a studio album, and it wasn’t till just recently that the set finally had a solid drop date. Now that everything’s (finally) headed in the right direction, though, Sean’s feeling on top of the world and, on new street single I Do It, his relief is palpable. Windy City legends No I.D. and The Legendary Traxster do their thing on the production tip, layering synth blurts and whooshes over syncopated snares as the rapper drops verses packed with triumphant braggadocio. Though he contends he was “...the man when [he] started,” he’s clearly enjoying his hour in the spotlight. And you’d better believe he’s gonna make the most of it: “I need a crib, a big estate / I need a boat, but that need a lake…” Finally Famous: The Album finally hits stores on June 21. Will it sell well enough to buy Sean the mansion, the yacht, and the water to sail it on? That, my friends, is for you to decide.
Written by richard on 05/9/11
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D / Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.