It’s hard to tell Big Sean‘s story without heavy usage of the word “finally.” It was two years after their first meeting in ‘05 before Kanye finally signed the Motown native, three more before he got the gears turning for a studio album, and it wasn’t till just recently that the set finally had a solid drop date. Now that everything’s (finally) headed in the right direction, though, Sean’s feeling on top of the world and, on new street single I Do It, his relief is palpable. Windy City legends No I.D. and The Legendary Traxster do their thing on the production tip, layering synth blurts and whooshes over syncopated snares as the rapper drops verses packed with triumphant braggadocio. Though he contends he was “...the man when [he] started,” he’s clearly enjoying his hour in the spotlight. And you’d better believe he’s gonna make the most of it: “I need a crib, a big estate / I need a boat, but that need a lake…” Finally Famous: The Album finally hits stores on June 21. Will it sell well enough to buy Sean the mansion, the yacht, and the water to sail it on? That, my friends, is for you to decide.
Written by richard on 05/9/11
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.