It’s hard to tell Big Sean‘s story without heavy usage of the word “finally.” It was two years after their first meeting in ‘05 before Kanye finally signed the Motown native, three more before he got the gears turning for a studio album, and it wasn’t till just recently that the set finally had a solid drop date. Now that everything’s (finally) headed in the right direction, though, Sean’s feeling on top of the world and, on new street single I Do It, his relief is palpable. Windy City legends No I.D. and The Legendary Traxster do their thing on the production tip, layering synth blurts and whooshes over syncopated snares as the rapper drops verses packed with triumphant braggadocio. Though he contends he was “...the man when [he] started,” he’s clearly enjoying his hour in the spotlight. And you’d better believe he’s gonna make the most of it: “I need a crib, a big estate / I need a boat, but that need a lake…” Finally Famous: The Album finally hits stores on June 21. Will it sell well enough to buy Sean the mansion, the yacht, and the water to sail it on? That, my friends, is for you to decide.
Written by richard on 05/9/11
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.