Big Sean is a bull when he sees red. After a few behind-the-scenes stoppages since Finally Famous Vol. 2, the Detroit rhyme-spitter is finally back with Volume 3 of his now famous series (out this summer), which will do double duty as a warm up to his long-awaited debut album. The usually personable and fun emcee uses lead leak High Rise to spazz out on some of his detractors; over a menacing Don Cannon instrumental, the G.O.O.D. Music prodigy does lyrical donuts around lesser emcees. In typical Big Sean fashion, Ye’s protégé throws out more punches than Mayweather combined with the creativity of Alexander McQueen: “Isn’t it ironic that I’m sitting in a big body/ paranoid, because every rapper named Big got bodied/ and my chick got bodied, but she sitting in the back because my nigga called shotty.” I don’t know who set Sean off, but I would like to personally thank them for giving us what sounds like a reincarnated version of a much larger emcee with “Big” in his name. Expect more from Finally Famous (Volume 3) very soon.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/8/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.