Big Sean is a bull when he sees red. After a few behind-the-scenes stoppages since Finally Famous Vol. 2, the Detroit rhyme-spitter is finally back with Volume 3 of his now famous series (out this summer), which will do double duty as a warm up to his long-awaited debut album. The usually personable and fun emcee uses lead leak High Rise to spazz out on some of his detractors; over a menacing Don Cannon instrumental, the G.O.O.D. Music prodigy does lyrical donuts around lesser emcees. In typical Big Sean fashion, Ye’s protégé throws out more punches than Mayweather combined with the creativity of Alexander McQueen: “Isn’t it ironic that I’m sitting in a big body/ paranoid, because every rapper named Big got bodied/ and my chick got bodied, but she sitting in the back because my nigga called shotty.” I don’t know who set Sean off, but I would like to personally thank them for giving us what sounds like a reincarnated version of a much larger emcee with “Big” in his name. Expect more from Finally Famous (Volume 3) very soon.
Listen to More: Big Sean
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/8/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.