Big Sean is a bull when he sees red. After a few behind-the-scenes stoppages since Finally Famous Vol. 2, the Detroit rhyme-spitter is finally back with Volume 3 of his now famous series (out this summer), which will do double duty as a warm up to his long-awaited debut album. The usually personable and fun emcee uses lead leak High Rise to spazz out on some of his detractors; over a menacing Don Cannon instrumental, the G.O.O.D. Music prodigy does lyrical donuts around lesser emcees. In typical Big Sean fashion, Ye’s protégé throws out more punches than Mayweather combined with the creativity of Alexander McQueen: “Isn’t it ironic that I’m sitting in a big body/ paranoid, because every rapper named Big got bodied/ and my chick got bodied, but she sitting in the back because my nigga called shotty.” I don’t know who set Sean off, but I would like to personally thank them for giving us what sounds like a reincarnated version of a much larger emcee with “Big” in his name. Expect more from Finally Famous (Volume 3) very soon.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/8/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.