Big Sean is a bull when he sees red. After a few behind-the-scenes stoppages since Finally Famous Vol. 2, the Detroit rhyme-spitter is finally back with Volume 3 of his now famous series (out this summer), which will do double duty as a warm up to his long-awaited debut album. The usually personable and fun emcee uses lead leak High Rise to spazz out on some of his detractors; over a menacing Don Cannon instrumental, the G.O.O.D. Music prodigy does lyrical donuts around lesser emcees. In typical Big Sean fashion, Ye’s protégé throws out more punches than Mayweather combined with the creativity of Alexander McQueen: “Isn’t it ironic that I’m sitting in a big body/ paranoid, because every rapper named Big got bodied/ and my chick got bodied, but she sitting in the back because my nigga called shotty.” I don’t know who set Sean off, but I would like to personally thank them for giving us what sounds like a reincarnated version of a much larger emcee with “Big” in his name. Expect more from Finally Famous (Volume 3) very soon.
Listen to More: Big Sean Written by Quentin Cuff
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.