As one of G.O.O.D Music‘s most stand out artists, I’m sure the GUAP is very much plentiful for Detroit emcee Big Sean, who lets this be known on the lead single his forthcoming album. Upon first listen of GUAP, you might find yourself thinking you accidentally popped in your Royal Caribbean promotional DVD thanks to producers Key Wane and Young Chop‘s use of tropics-inspired xylophones. Following Kanye West‘s request to “drop the motherf**kin beat,” a welcoming amount of bass kicks in and Sean proceeds to drop braggy, self-assured bars aimed directly at his haters. The Motor City lyricist’s infatuation with getting to the GUAP will likely continue with the release of his sophomore album, Hall Of Fame: Memoirs Of A Detroit Player, due out on December 18.
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!