As one of G.O.O.D Music‘s most stand out artists, I’m sure the GUAP is very much plentiful for Detroit emcee Big Sean, who lets this be known on the lead single his forthcoming album. Upon first listen of GUAP, you might find yourself thinking you accidentally popped in your Royal Caribbean promotional DVD thanks to producers Key Wane and Young Chop‘s use of tropics-inspired xylophones. Following Kanye West‘s request to “drop the motherf**kin beat,” a welcoming amount of bass kicks in and Sean proceeds to drop braggy, self-assured bars aimed directly at his haters. The Motor City lyricist’s infatuation with getting to the GUAP will likely continue with the release of his sophomore album, Hall Of Fame: Memoirs Of A Detroit Player, due out on December 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/26/12
Debut albums don’t really mean much. All it takes is one hit single, a perfect storm of marketing, and boom, you’ve blown up. Quick, what do Black Rob, Mike Jones (who?) and Vanilla Ice all have in common? They all went...
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.