As one of G.O.O.D Music‘s most stand out artists, I’m sure the GUAP is very much plentiful for Detroit emcee Big Sean, who lets this be known on the lead single his forthcoming album. Upon first listen of GUAP, you might find yourself thinking you accidentally popped in your Royal Caribbean promotional DVD thanks to producers Key Wane and Young Chop‘s use of tropics-inspired xylophones. Following Kanye West‘s request to “drop the motherf**kin beat,” a welcoming amount of bass kicks in and Sean proceeds to drop braggy, self-assured bars aimed directly at his haters. The Motor City lyricist’s infatuation with getting to the GUAP will likely continue with the release of his sophomore album, Hall Of Fame: Memoirs Of A Detroit Player, due out on December 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)