As one of G.O.O.D Music‘s most stand out artists, I’m sure the GUAP is very much plentiful for Detroit emcee Big Sean, who lets this be known on the lead single his forthcoming album. Upon first listen of GUAP, you might find yourself thinking you accidentally popped in your Royal Caribbean promotional DVD thanks to producers Key Wane and Young Chop‘s use of tropics-inspired xylophones. Following Kanye West‘s request to “drop the motherf**kin beat,” a welcoming amount of bass kicks in and Sean proceeds to drop braggy, self-assured bars aimed directly at his haters. The Motor City lyricist’s infatuation with getting to the GUAP will likely continue with the release of his sophomore album, Hall Of Fame: Memoirs Of A Detroit Player, due out on December 18.
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.