As one of G.O.O.D Music‘s most stand out artists, I’m sure the GUAP is very much plentiful for Detroit emcee Big Sean, who lets this be known on the lead single his forthcoming album. Upon first listen of GUAP, you might find yourself thinking you accidentally popped in your Royal Caribbean promotional DVD thanks to producers Key Wane and Young Chop‘s use of tropics-inspired xylophones. Following Kanye West‘s request to “drop the motherf**kin beat,” a welcoming amount of bass kicks in and Sean proceeds to drop braggy, self-assured bars aimed directly at his haters. The Motor City lyricist’s infatuation with getting to the GUAP will likely continue with the release of his sophomore album, Hall Of Fame: Memoirs Of A Detroit Player, due out on December 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.