As we have previously documented, one of the biggest perks of being signed to a heavyweight artist’s label is the chance to share the spotlight, be it on a song’s original version or its inevitable remix. For Detroit native and G.O.O.D. Music/Island Def Jam signee Big Sean, spotlight time has come in the form of a remix to boss Kanye‘s high-energy Mr. Hudson collabo off 808s & Heartbreak, Paranoid. Though the original production remains unchanged, Sean easily rides the track’s driving rhythm, fitting in nicely with West’s straight-out-of-the-80s sound. With a long, successful career hopefully ahead of him, Big Sean is focusing on the here and now, currently preparing for the release of his forthcoming The New Deal mixtape.
Written by Burmy on 12/16/08
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.