As we have previously documented, one of the biggest perks of being signed to a heavyweight artist’s label is the chance to share the spotlight, be it on a song’s original version or its inevitable remix. For Detroit native and G.O.O.D. Music/Island Def Jam signee Big Sean, spotlight time has come in the form of a remix to boss Kanye‘s high-energy Mr. Hudson collabo off 808s & Heartbreak, Paranoid. Though the original production remains unchanged, Sean easily rides the track’s driving rhythm, fitting in nicely with West’s straight-out-of-the-80s sound. With a long, successful career hopefully ahead of him, Big Sean is focusing on the here and now, currently preparing for the release of his forthcoming The New Deal mixtape.
Written by Burmy on 12/16/08
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)