As we have previously documented, one of the biggest perks of being signed to a heavyweight artist’s label is the chance to share the spotlight, be it on a song’s original version or its inevitable remix. For Detroit native and G.O.O.D. Music/Island Def Jam signee Big Sean, spotlight time has come in the form of a remix to boss Kanye‘s high-energy Mr. Hudson collabo off 808s & Heartbreak, Paranoid. Though the original production remains unchanged, Sean easily rides the track’s driving rhythm, fitting in nicely with West’s straight-out-of-the-80s sound. With a long, successful career hopefully ahead of him, Big Sean is focusing on the here and now, currently preparing for the release of his forthcoming The New Deal mixtape.
Written by Burmy on 12/16/08
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D / Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.