It’ll be a few more months before Big Sean can truly say he’s Finally Famous, but the Detroit emcee’s certainly getting there—when unauthorized leaks of your records start appearing on sites across the web, you know the masses are paying attention. Though an unmastered version of Glenwood, the first leaked cut off Sean’s debut LP, has been circulating online since last Friday, fans can rest assured that what we have here is the real deal. In addition to contributing the sparse instrumental, centered around a bare piano vamp, label boss Kanye West jumps on board for a braggadocio-laden opening verse. Sean laces his half of the track with more of the nonchalant, wordplay-laced boasts that earned him reader acclaim for mixtape cut Supa Dupa (“...I rap so good there’s no need for bandages”). Glenwood‘s minimal groove lets both collaborators’ chilled-out rhymes shine, and the record should meet a warm reception from Big Sean’s devotees. For more G.O.O.D Music from the Motown rapper, pick up a copy of his debut studio album when it drops this September.
Written by richard on 06/9/09
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D / Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.