Big Sean‘s initials may be “B.S.,” but his rhymes are the gospel truth; as he explains on the lead street single off his long-awaited Def Jam/G.O.O.D. Music debut, it’s everyone else that’s Bullsh*ttin’. With the Olympicks’ sparse mix of synth-strings and handclap-driven percussion pulsing in the background, the emcee engages in some hardcore stunting, flaunting his cash, his sex appeal, and his grade-A reefer in verses packed with wordplay and pop-culture references: “Bring out the Rozay, and the Siroc / and bring out the OJ, like Johnny Cochran.” Let’s cut through the you-know-what: is this braggadocio-drenched cut dope enough to ensure Finally Famous lands on store shelves sooner than later? We report, you decide. While the LP has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass, fans can look forward to this track’s official music video, scheduled to debut before the end of the month.
Written by richard on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.