I could say that Ashley (off Big Sean‘s 2013 album Hall Of Fame) is just now getting the visual treatment, but that just wouldn’t do it justice. It is more accurate to say its gets the cinematic treatment, because the Ellis Bhal-directed visuals read more like an action thriller…mixed in with some BET Uncut. A break up hurts, so it’s only fitting that as Sean recounts his relations with his ex as he is getting jumped, kidnapped, smashed with a bat and forced to dig his own grave; all equally painful. In between some introspective, passionate verses, Miguel belts out a powerful hook that seems to glide atop Million $ Mano and No I.D‘s swooning, hazy beat. If you want more Sean and already have Hall Of Fame, be sure to check out his 1st Quarter [Freestyle], a freebie released earlier this week.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/14
Debut albums don’t really mean much. All it takes is one hit single, a perfect storm of marketing, and boom, you’ve blown up. Quick, what do Black Rob, Mike Jones (who?) and Vanilla Ice all have in common? They all went...
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.