I could say that Ashley (off Big Sean‘s 2013 album Hall Of Fame) is just now getting the visual treatment, but that just wouldn’t do it justice. It is more accurate to say its gets the cinematic treatment, because the Ellis Bhal-directed visuals read more like an action thriller…mixed in with some BET Uncut. A break up hurts, so it’s only fitting that as Sean recounts his relations with his ex as he is getting jumped, kidnapped, smashed with a bat and forced to dig his own grave; all equally painful. In between some introspective, passionate verses, Miguel belts out a powerful hook that seems to glide atop Million $ Mano and No I.D‘s swooning, hazy beat. If you want more Sean and already have Hall Of Fame, be sure to check out his 1st Quarter [Freestyle], a freebie released earlier this week.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/14
Debut albums don’t really mean much. All it takes is one hit single, a perfect storm of marketing, and boom, you’ve blown up. Quick, what do Black Rob, Mike Jones (who?) and Vanilla Ice all have in common? They all went...
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.