I could say that Ashley (off Big Sean‘s 2013 album Hall Of Fame) is just now getting the visual treatment, but that just wouldn’t do it justice. It is more accurate to say its gets the cinematic treatment, because the Ellis Bhal-directed visuals read more like an action thriller…mixed in with some BET Uncut. A break up hurts, so it’s only fitting that as Sean recounts his relations with his ex as he is getting jumped, kidnapped, smashed with a bat and forced to dig his own grave; all equally painful. In between some introspective, passionate verses, Miguel belts out a powerful hook that seems to glide atop Million $ Mano and No I.D‘s swooning, hazy beat. If you want more Sean and already have Hall Of Fame, be sure to check out his 1st Quarter [Freestyle], a freebie released earlier this week.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.