See Dr. Dre, was that so hard? Ok, so we hadn’t been waiting for Detox as long for the third installment of G.O.O.D. Music representative Big Sean’s Finally Famous series, but it was starting to feel like it. Thankfully, with records like mixtape standout Almost Wrote You a Love Song packing the project, it sounds like the wait was well worth it. Produced by Key Wane and Kanye’s production mentor No I.D., Love Song is, for the record, not a love song (hey, he did say “almost”). Guest singer Suai and her instantly distinctive voice explain everything you really need to know in the chorus, but just in case that didn’t do the job, Sean jumps in with some mellow, punchline-free (for him) bars bluntly breaking down a relationship gone wrong: “Crazy, crazy, you need medication.” Yep, that will do it. Whatever unlucky lady screwed things up with Sean will really regret it now that he’s (finally) a certified rap star. The anxious wait for the currently unscheduled Finally Famous album officially begins – you’ll just have to keep it locked for more details.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/1/10
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.