Today, in 2012, the idea that real rap only comes from north of the Mason-Dixon line is so quaint as to be hilarious. Thus, Big SANT could rightfully be accused of beating a dead horse on his latest single. On the other hand, if beating a particular dead horse happens to produce music as dope as Rap N**gas, then I say go right on beating. I mean, it’s dead, so you’re not hurting anything, right? On this freshly-released cut, the headliner hooks up with fellow Mississippi native Tito Lopez and North Carolina representatives Phonte and King Mez to prove that the South is a bottomless well of lyrical talent. Complete with Kreatav‘s head-noddable, string-sampled boardwork, this is just one of many bangers to be found on MFxOG, which as yet lacks a solid drop date. In the meantime, why not check out Mez’ latest free digital album, the DJBooth-hosted My Everlasting Zeal?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Glue" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.