Today, in 2012, the idea that real rap only comes from north of the Mason-Dixon line is so quaint as to be hilarious. Thus, Big SANT could rightfully be accused of beating a dead horse on his latest single. On the other hand, if beating a particular dead horse happens to produce music as dope as Rap N**gas, then I say go right on beating. I mean, it’s dead, so you’re not hurting anything, right? On this freshly-released cut, the headliner hooks up with fellow Mississippi native Tito Lopez and North Carolina representatives Phonte and King Mez to prove that the South is a bottomless well of lyrical talent. Complete with Kreatav‘s head-noddable, string-sampled boardwork, this is just one of many bangers to be found on MFxOG, which as yet lacks a solid drop date. In the meantime, why not check out Mez’ latest free digital album, the DJBooth-hosted My Everlasting Zeal?
Written by richard on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Glue" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.