If you can’t laugh at a fart joke every now and then, or don’t find the intro to this Big SANT cut funny, I suggest you Grow Up and get a sense of humor! The intro, a spoof advertisement for SANT’s The Great American Mattress Sale LP, might have you in stitches, but his flow is nothing to laugh at. The Meridian, Mississippi emcee’s slow, yet commanding flow, which makes his abrasive bars all the more potent, does the bulk of the heavy lifting on this cut. Producer Kreatev plays a support role, crafting a minimalistic, looped beat to complement SANT’s rhymes. Grow Up is just one of many bangers to be found on The Great American Mattress Sale, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Glue" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.