If you can’t laugh at a fart joke every now and then, or don’t find the intro to this Big SANT cut funny, I suggest you Grow Up and get a sense of humor! The intro, a spoof advertisement for SANT’s The Great American Mattress Sale LP, might have you in stitches, but his flow is nothing to laugh at. The Meridian, Mississippi emcee’s slow, yet commanding flow, which makes his abrasive bars all the more potent, does the bulk of the heavy lifting on this cut. Producer Kreatev plays a support role, crafting a minimalistic, looped beat to complement SANT’s rhymes. Grow Up is just one of many bangers to be found on The Great American Mattress Sale, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Glue" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.