Sadly, we can’t all attend this year’s A3C Hip-Hop Festival, which is being held in The Dirty this weekend. Don’t shed a tear, though. With his new, well, sorta new single—it is a remake of the Crooked Lettaz ‘99 classic—Big SANT is bringing the South to us. Fire Water II is strictly a southern affair with David Banner’s string-driven boardwork leading the charge. Joining SANT, who pummels the beat with his trademark forceful flow, are guests Tito Lopez and Big K.R.I.T. The trio form a three-headed, Mississippi monster; Tito with his smooth approach, SANT with his relentless flow, and Krizzle, who blends the two styles intro one, all do the original justice. You will find Fire Water II on SANT’s The Great American Mattress Sale project, due out later this month. Additionally, SANT will be participating in the return of the DJBooth Freestyle Series, restarting this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Glue" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.