While Big Remo has popped up on our pages in guest feature form, most recently alongside 9th Wonder and Raekwon on No Pretending, the Jamla emcee is making his solo debut today on our pages with I’m Back, which considering the circumstances could be sub-titled I’m Here. Produced by Soul Council member Khrysis, I’m Back is founded on an instrumental that combines quickly moving piano notes with a hypnotic bass line and stuttering hi-hats to head-nodding effect. On the mic Remo takes to the streets, promising that he’s hustling every which way: “Trap rap, still 40 cal strapped / still got a pack of them snaps, but that ASCAP.” Next up to bat is Remo’s Jamla labelmate Rapsody, who in typical fashion lays down some peerless bars that should have lovers of the culture taking notes. Don’t call it a comeback, Big Remo’s been here for years, you were just sleeping…until now. Remo’s arrival on the scene should be complete when his upcoming Sleepwalkers album, due out this coming Tuesday March 29 via The DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Pretending" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.