While Big Remo has popped up on our pages in guest feature form, most recently alongside 9th Wonder and Raekwon on No Pretending, the Jamla emcee is making his solo debut today on our pages with I’m Back, which considering the circumstances could be sub-titled I’m Here. Produced by Soul Council member Khrysis, I’m Back is founded on an instrumental that combines quickly moving piano notes with a hypnotic bass line and stuttering hi-hats to head-nodding effect. On the mic Remo takes to the streets, promising that he’s hustling every which way: “Trap rap, still 40 cal strapped / still got a pack of them snaps, but that ASCAP.” Next up to bat is Remo’s Jamla labelmate Rapsody, who in typical fashion lays down some peerless bars that should have lovers of the culture taking notes. Don’t call it a comeback, Big Remo’s been here for years, you were just sleeping…until now. Remo’s arrival on the scene should be complete when his upcoming Sleepwalkers album, due out this coming Tuesday March 29 via The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Pretending" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!