Tomorrow, T.I. will attend a sentencing hearing to determine exactly how much time he will spend in federal prison (though he’s expected to serve exactly one year, his extensive community service might shorten the sentence). As I’ve said before, Grand Hustle is stepping their game up in the meantime, so you can expect to see plenty of Booth features from their roster in the months ahead. The latest to hit our front page is Big Kuntry King. Hoping to rebound from My Turn to Eat‘s disappointing sales, Kuntry has enlisted his label’s dynamic duo to once again stunt about everything I Do. As Young Dro gets his sing-rap flow on, Tip takes the title one step further, stating that he’s married to the game. The highlight, however, is the beat by Nard & B (who will be showcased in an April “Behind the Booth” feature), which is sure to evoke comparisons to Polow da Don‘s boardwork on Rich Boy‘s smash-hit Throw Some D’s. Though Kuntry’s currently-untitled sophomore album currently has no release date, expect plenty more coverage in the coming months.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Rmx) ft. Young Jeezy, Young Dro, Big Kuntry & B.G." (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)