Tomorrow, T.I. will attend a sentencing hearing to determine exactly how much time he will spend in federal prison (though he’s expected to serve exactly one year, his extensive community service might shorten the sentence). As I’ve said before, Grand Hustle is stepping their game up in the meantime, so you can expect to see plenty of Booth features from their roster in the months ahead. The latest to hit our front page is Big Kuntry King. Hoping to rebound from My Turn to Eat‘s disappointing sales, Kuntry has enlisted his label’s dynamic duo to once again stunt about everything I Do. As Young Dro gets his sing-rap flow on, Tip takes the title one step further, stating that he’s married to the game. The highlight, however, is the beat by Nard & B (who will be showcased in an April “Behind the Booth” feature), which is sure to evoke comparisons to Polow da Don‘s boardwork on Rich Boy‘s smash-hit Throw Some D’s. Though Kuntry’s currently-untitled sophomore album currently has no release date, expect plenty more coverage in the coming months.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Rmx) ft. Young Jeezy, Young Dro, Big Kuntry & B.G." (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.