Tomorrow, T.I. will attend a sentencing hearing to determine exactly how much time he will spend in federal prison (though he’s expected to serve exactly one year, his extensive community service might shorten the sentence). As I’ve said before, Grand Hustle is stepping their game up in the meantime, so you can expect to see plenty of Booth features from their roster in the months ahead. The latest to hit our front page is Big Kuntry King. Hoping to rebound from My Turn to Eat‘s disappointing sales, Kuntry has enlisted his label’s dynamic duo to once again stunt about everything I Do. As Young Dro gets his sing-rap flow on, Tip takes the title one step further, stating that he’s married to the game. The highlight, however, is the beat by Nard & B (who will be showcased in an April “Behind the Booth” feature), which is sure to evoke comparisons to Polow da Don‘s boardwork on Rich Boy‘s smash-hit Throw Some D’s. Though Kuntry’s currently-untitled sophomore album currently has no release date, expect plenty more coverage in the coming months.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.