When the brass at Grand Hustle decided to drop Big Kuntry King‘s debut album, My Turn to Eat, on the same day as his boss T.I.‘s Paper Trail (September 30), they thought listeners would be quick to pick up on the “Grand Hustle Day” concept. Unfortunately for Kuntry, Paper Trail debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and went gold in the first week (now platinum), while My Turn to Eat debuted 97 spots below it, selling barely 6,000 copies. While some might call it a career after such a disappointment, the Atlanta emcee is still getting his grind on, already set to release a new mixtape next month. Turning up a beat by longtime Grand Hustle beatmakers Nard & B, Kuntry and Gucci Mane protégé OJ da Juiceman take a ride through the city while high off Kush Blunts and Ro’Zay (sic). Before purists start giving out knee-jerk one-star ratings, they should consider the following: 1. It’s just a mixtape track, and, 2., the collaborators cater to fans of Southern street music. All things considered, Kush Blunts and Ro’Zay has the potential to be a huge hit with its target audience.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Rmx) ft. Young Jeezy, Young Dro, Big Kuntry & B.G." (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.