Though The Wolf of Wall Street was a critical favorite, it was snubbed at the 86th annual Academy Awards. The Oscar shutout may have been disappointing, but Martin Scorcese, Leonardo DiCaprio and company can console themselves with knowing that their film’s received an honor to which none of the other Best Picture nominees can lay claim: there’s a Big K.R.I.T. record named after it. Directly following yesterday’s Lac Lac, new #WEEKofKRIT release Wolf on Wall Street finds the Def Jam heavyweight professing a fixation on cash to rival that of stock swindler Jordan Belfort. Rather than his usual, supple rhyme style, he adopts adopts a choppy, barked flow laced with copious “uh!” interjections. K.R.I.T. and Childish Major team up to create the cut’s pounding, whip-ready instrumental backdrop. Fans can, of course, continue to check back with us for further series highlights as the WEEKofKRIT enters its final days.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.