Though The Wolf of Wall Street was a critical favorite, it was snubbed at the 86th annual Academy Awards. The Oscar shutout may have been disappointing, but Martin Scorcese, Leonardo DiCaprio and company can console themselves with knowing that their film’s received an honor to which none of the other Best Picture nominees can lay claim: there’s a Big K.R.I.T. record named after it. Directly following yesterday’s Lac Lac, new #WEEKofKRIT release Wolf on Wall Street finds the Def Jam heavyweight professing a fixation on cash to rival that of stock swindler Jordan Belfort. Rather than his usual, supple rhyme style, he adopts adopts a choppy, barked flow laced with copious “uh!” interjections. K.R.I.T. and Childish Major team up to create the cut’s pounding, whip-ready instrumental backdrop. Fans can, of course, continue to check back with us for further series highlights as the WEEKofKRIT enters its final days.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.