Though The Wolf of Wall Street was a critical favorite, it was snubbed at the 86th annual Academy Awards. The Oscar shutout may have been disappointing, but Martin Scorcese, Leonardo DiCaprio and company can console themselves with knowing that their film’s received an honor to which none of the other Best Picture nominees can lay claim: there’s a Big K.R.I.T. record named after it. Directly following yesterday’s Lac Lac, new #WEEKofKRIT release Wolf on Wall Street finds the Def Jam heavyweight professing a fixation on cash to rival that of stock swindler Jordan Belfort. Rather than his usual, supple rhyme style, he adopts adopts a choppy, barked flow laced with copious “uh!” interjections. K.R.I.T. and Childish Major team up to create the cut’s pounding, whip-ready instrumental backdrop. Fans can, of course, continue to check back with us for further series highlights as the WEEKofKRIT enters its final days.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.