If you are at all familiar with Big K.R.I.T., then you know that, in addition to a powerful flow, the Southerner is a master of beats as well; often ripping his own production to shreds. While you will never ever hear me complain about his beats, it is nice to hear him destroy someone else’s production on occasion. One of those occasions comes now, with the release of What You Know About It. The victim this time is a brisk, Southern-splashed beat from Foreign Allegiance, whose beat was hand picked by Krizzle (over a bazillion others) as part of the Big Mix Producer Contest. The edginess of the production compliments K.R.I.T.’s commanding, booming flow perfectly, making What You Know About It hit so hard that you might need a helmet or even a suit of armor. While this is a stand alone release, fans can stream and download K.R.I.T.‘s spring-released freebie King Remembered in Time right now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.