If you are at all familiar with Big K.R.I.T., then you know that, in addition to a powerful flow, the Southerner is a master of beats as well; often ripping his own production to shreds. While you will never ever hear me complain about his beats, it is nice to hear him destroy someone else’s production on occasion. One of those occasions comes now, with the release of What You Know About It. The victim this time is a brisk, Southern-splashed beat from Foreign Allegiance, whose beat was hand picked by Krizzle (over a bazillion others) as part of the Big Mix Producer Contest. The edginess of the production compliments K.R.I.T.’s commanding, booming flow perfectly, making What You Know About It hit so hard that you might need a helmet or even a suit of armor. While this is a stand alone release, fans can stream and download K.R.I.T.‘s spring-released freebie King Remembered in Time right now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.