It hit me today that it’s almost football season, which also means we’re more than halfway through 2012. As I look back at the year in hip-hop so far, one emcee comes to mind immediately: Big K.R.I.T. The southern ambassador released his mixtape 4EvaNaDay in March, then four months later dropped his debut album, Live From The Underground, and somehow also managed to fit in a slew of production and guest features. Not bad for half a years work. Now the Def Jam artist brings us visuals for What U Mean, a bass busting, less than family friendly track off Live From The Underground. For this self-produced, speaker shatterer, Krizza stays true to his southern roots, recruiting fellow southerners Ludacris (who just released his own Jingalin video) for a guest verse and Decatur Dan to direct. So sit back and enjoy the distinct southern stylings of What U Mean, and be sure to keep an eye out for a candy painted tour bus, as K.R.I.T is currently out on his Live From The Underground Tour.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.