Even though he’s released Booth approved tracks like 2000 & Beyond, No Wheaties and a nearly flawless DJBooth freestyle, I still feel like folks are sleeping on Mississippi hometown hero Big K.R.I.T. Anyone still napping can just consider K.R.I.T.’s new leak They Got Us an alarm clock. While K.R.I.T. definitely deserves credit for crafting the track’s slowly winding, deeply soulful beat, it’s his work on the mic that truly sets They Got Us apart. We knew the man could flow, but here he really showcases his storytelling skills, following the lives of three people on the verge of losing it all with vivid detail and gripping emotion. In other words, this is the kind of lyrical performance that should place him among rap’s elite up-and-comers. Or am I going too far? As always the Booth will set me straight if I am. Either way, I know I’m not the only one who’s geeked for the release of Krit’s new project K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, hitting eyes and ears everywhere on May 3. Mark your calendars.
Listen to More: Big K.R.I.T Written by Nathan S.
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.