Even though he’s released Booth approved tracks like 2000 & Beyond, No Wheaties and a nearly flawless DJBooth freestyle, I still feel like folks are sleeping on Mississippi hometown hero Big K.R.I.T. Anyone still napping can just consider K.R.I.T.’s new leak They Got Us an alarm clock. While K.R.I.T. definitely deserves credit for crafting the track’s slowly winding, deeply soulful beat, it’s his work on the mic that truly sets They Got Us apart. We knew the man could flow, but here he really showcases his storytelling skills, following the lives of three people on the verge of losing it all with vivid detail and gripping emotion. In other words, this is the kind of lyrical performance that should place him among rap’s elite up-and-comers. Or am I going too far? As always the Booth will set me straight if I am. Either way, I know I’m not the only one who’s geeked for the release of Krit’s new project K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, hitting eyes and ears everywhere on May 3. Mark your calendars.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/8/10
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.