Even though he’s released Booth approved tracks like 2000 & Beyond, No Wheaties and a nearly flawless DJBooth freestyle, I still feel like folks are sleeping on Mississippi hometown hero Big K.R.I.T. Anyone still napping can just consider K.R.I.T.’s new leak They Got Us an alarm clock. While K.R.I.T. definitely deserves credit for crafting the track’s slowly winding, deeply soulful beat, it’s his work on the mic that truly sets They Got Us apart. We knew the man could flow, but here he really showcases his storytelling skills, following the lives of three people on the verge of losing it all with vivid detail and gripping emotion. In other words, this is the kind of lyrical performance that should place him among rap’s elite up-and-comers. Or am I going too far? As always the Booth will set me straight if I am. Either way, I know I’m not the only one who’s geeked for the release of Krit’s new project K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, hitting eyes and ears everywhere on May 3. Mark your calendars.
Listen to More: Big K.R.I.T
Written by Nathan S. on 04/8/10
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)