Whether you’re a rapper, an athlete, a stock broker or a rap blogger, no one makes it alone. Behind every success lies a vast network of support, and now that his debut album Live From the Underground is the number one rap album in the country, Big K.R.I.T. takes a moment of appreciation with Thank You Kindly. Produced, of course, by the headliner himself, Kindly features yet another smoothly and soulful instrumental that rides smoother than a ‘67 Cadillac. On the mic Krizza recounts the successes and struggles that have lead to this moment: “Close to crashin Shipes hit me / offered a deal to be real I was quite iffy / but f**k it I’m ridin with him to the finish / ain’t like labels was calling on ni**as from Mississippi.” And I’d be remiss if I didn’t thank K.R.I.T in return for the DJBooth shout out. That’s family, so be sure to take a moment to appreciate dope, honest hip-hop and cop K.R.I.T.’s new Live From the Underground album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/13/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.