Often, when an emcee is hard at work on a new project they will drop a “buzz single” to tide fans over; per usual Big K.R.I.T. Steps up his game. As an appetizer to his forthcoming album Cadillactica (due out later this year), Krizzle has released not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but seven freebie records as part of his #WEEKofKRIT series. One of the best dual-threats in the game, K.R.I.T. kicks off the latest cut, feasting on his own dusty, looped beat with a heavy-handed, southern flow. Fellow Mississippian, Big SANT follows with a similarly pronounced, bold flow that is complement by Smoke DZA, whose blunted approach rounds out the cut. For more fresh tunes from this past week, check out the likes of Lac Lac and Egyptian Cotton.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.