Often, when an emcee is hard at work on a new project they will drop a “buzz single” to tide fans over; per usual Big K.R.I.T. Steps up his game. As an appetizer to his forthcoming album Cadillactica (due out later this year), Krizzle has released not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but seven freebie records as part of his #WEEKofKRIT series. One of the best dual-threats in the game, K.R.I.T. kicks off the latest cut, feasting on his own dusty, looped beat with a heavy-handed, southern flow. Fellow Mississippian, Big SANT follows with a similarly pronounced, bold flow that is complement by Smoke DZA, whose blunted approach rounds out the cut. For more fresh tunes from this past week, check out the likes of Lac Lac and Egyptian Cotton.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.