Amidst the tremendous acclaim that greeted Big K.R.I.T.‘s latest street album, some (including RefinedHype contributor Jason James) expressed the concern that the artist would burn himself out by releasing so much top-shelf music for free. Perhaps in response to this very consideration, Def Jam‘s grabbed four standout cuts off the Meridian phenom’s latest set, packaged them together with a previously-unreleased cut, and has released the collection as an EP for purchase on iTunes. The aforementioned original joint, Sideline, finds K.R.I.T taking a similar approach as on single Boobie Miles, using sports analogies to illuminate his approach to the game of life. Here, K.R.I.T. crafts a understated but driving instrumental backdrop for rhymes on the subject of hardship and triumph. Stepping into the role of a veteran athlete, he describes how his intense training regimen led to a potentially career-ending injury. Nonetheless, he pledges to get back in the game and cement his reputation as one of the greatest to ever do it. Feeling this determination-drenched banger? Then log into iTunes and now grab your own copy of 4eva Na Day (Road Less Traveled Edition) for the low, low price of $4.99.
Written by richard on 04/11/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.