Amidst the tremendous acclaim that greeted Big K.R.I.T.‘s latest street album, some (including RefinedHype contributor Jason James) expressed the concern that the artist would burn himself out by releasing so much top-shelf music for free. Perhaps in response to this very consideration, Def Jam‘s grabbed four standout cuts off the Meridian phenom’s latest set, packaged them together with a previously-unreleased cut, and has released the collection as an EP for purchase on iTunes. The aforementioned original joint, Sideline, finds K.R.I.T taking a similar approach as on single Boobie Miles, using sports analogies to illuminate his approach to the game of life. Here, K.R.I.T. crafts a understated but driving instrumental backdrop for rhymes on the subject of hardship and triumph. Stepping into the role of a veteran athlete, he describes how his intense training regimen led to a potentially career-ending injury. Nonetheless, he pledges to get back in the game and cement his reputation as one of the greatest to ever do it. Feeling this determination-drenched banger? Then log into iTunes and now grab your own copy of 4eva Na Day (Road Less Traveled Edition) for the low, low price of $4.99.
Written by richard on 04/11/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.