On a recent collabo with 9th Wonder, released as part of Crown Royal’s digital music series, the Mississippi repper made clear that he intends to rule over the hip-hop game til the stars fall out of the sky. But he’s not just going to Reign On—he’s also gonna Shine On, and keep dazzling the competition with his incomparable flyness. The newly-unleashed lead single off K.R.I.T.‘s forthcoming mixtape finds him doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, cooking up an intricate, whip-ready beat to back him as he revels in his wealth and style. Southern vet Bun B assists on the guest tip, lending his booming, rapid-fire flows to verse three. (The late Pimp C also makes an appearance, in the form of a sample from UGK‘s Choppin’ Blades.) King Remembered in Time has yet to receive a drop date from the Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.