On a recent collabo with 9th Wonder, released as part of Crown Royal’s digital music series, the Mississippi repper made clear that he intends to rule over the hip-hop game til the stars fall out of the sky. But he’s not just going to Reign On—he’s also gonna Shine On, and keep dazzling the competition with his incomparable flyness. The newly-unleashed lead single off K.R.I.T.‘s forthcoming mixtape finds him doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, cooking up an intricate, whip-ready beat to back him as he revels in his wealth and style. Southern vet Bun B assists on the guest tip, lending his booming, rapid-fire flows to verse three. (The late Pimp C also makes an appearance, in the form of a sample from UGK‘s Choppin’ Blades.) King Remembered in Time has yet to receive a drop date from the Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.