When I first saw the tracklist for Live From The Underground, a track that stood out was Rich Dad Poor Dad. Having been a finance major in college, I was familiar with the books by Robert Kiyosaki about the financial lessons taught to him by his “rich dad” and his “poor dad.” Big K.R.I.T.’s version doesn’t deal with directly finances, but it does deal with life lessons he learned from his father as Krizza uses a new video showcase his hometown of Meridian, MS. Self-produced by Krizzle, RDPD is a piano- and string-driven track that allows him to calmly share his story with the masses, grabbing is in with the first sentence when he says, “Remember a child’s place.” To top it all off, at the end of the video we get a glimpse of Father K.R.I.T. telling his son how proud he is. Live From The Underground is in stores and on iTunes, so if you haven’t copped it yet, get out from under that rock.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/20/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.