Numerous philosophers over the ages have seen our inability to distinguish fantasy from reality while dreaming as an indication that our waking experiences might be equally illusory. It’s a little mind-boggling, when you think about it. The question is more than academic for Mississippi rap heavyweight Big K.R.I.T, who’s currently living the life he once saw projected on his closed eyelids during R.E.M. sleep. On the final song release off his next mixtape, the emcee struggles to put the past year’s experiences into perspective, gathering his thoughts over a pensive, self-produced instrumental. Director Luke Choi provides a stylized visual accompaniment to his introspective bars. Fans will be able to find R.E.M., along with reader-approved lead single Shine On and much more, on K.R.I.T.‘s highly-anticipated King Remembered in Time street album. The project has yet to receive a solid drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.