When it comes to attaining a position of power in the game, getting there is less than half the battle—staying there is the hard part. That said, you won’t catch Big K.R.I.T. or 9th Wonder slipping. On their collaborative contribution to Crown Royal’s newly-launched original music series, premiered in commercial during last night’s Heat/Thunder broadcast, the Mississippi rap heavyweight and Jamla head honcho pledge to stay focused and Reign On. Here, 9th flips the iconic bassline from The O’Jays’ For the Love of Money (aka, “the theme song from The Apprentice”) to back K.R.I.T. as he reaffirms his commitment to musical excellence. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but those digging it can, as always, watch our pages for more fresh cuts from both of these longtime Booth faves.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)