When it comes to attaining a position of power in the game, getting there is less than half the battle—staying there is the hard part. That said, you won’t catch Big K.R.I.T. or 9th Wonder slipping. On their collaborative contribution to Crown Royal’s newly-launched original music series, premiered in commercial during last night’s Heat/Thunder broadcast, the Mississippi rap heavyweight and Jamla head honcho pledge to stay focused and Reign On. Here, 9th flips the iconic bassline from The O’Jays’ For the Love of Money (aka, “the theme song from The Apprentice”) to back K.R.I.T. as he reaffirms his commitment to musical excellence. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but those digging it can, as always, watch our pages for more fresh cuts from both of these longtime Booth faves.
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.