When it comes to attaining a position of power in the game, getting there is less than half the battle—staying there is the hard part. That said, you won’t catch Big K.R.I.T. or 9th Wonder slipping. On their collaborative contribution to Crown Royal’s newly-launched original music series, premiered in commercial during last night’s Heat/Thunder broadcast, the Mississippi rap heavyweight and Jamla head honcho pledge to stay focused and Reign On. Here, 9th flips the iconic bassline from The O’Jays’ For the Love of Money (aka, “the theme song from The Apprentice”) to back K.R.I.T. as he reaffirms his commitment to musical excellence. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but those digging it can, as always, watch our pages for more fresh cuts from both of these longtime Booth faves.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.