When it comes to attaining a position of power in the game, getting there is less than half the battle—staying there is the hard part. That said, you won’t catch Big K.R.I.T. or 9th Wonder slipping. On their collaborative contribution to Crown Royal’s newly-launched original music series, premiered in commercial during last night’s Heat/Thunder broadcast, the Mississippi rap heavyweight and Jamla head honcho pledge to stay focused and Reign On. Here, 9th flips the iconic bassline from The O’Jays’ For the Love of Money (aka, “the theme song from The Apprentice”) to back K.R.I.T. as he reaffirms his commitment to musical excellence. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but those digging it can, as always, watch our pages for more fresh cuts from both of these longtime Booth faves.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.