Update: The Daniel Czernilofsky-directed visuals for Big K.R.I.T.‘s Pay Attention single have been added.
In late April, longtime DJBooth favorite Big K.R.I.T. released MT. Olympus. In three months time, our feature of the record has been shared almost 200 times and sits with an average member rating of 4.6 (out of a possible 5 stars). Not bad, huh? Ready to remind everyone that his forthcoming, super-delayed new album is still on its way, the Meridian, Mississippi native has released Pay Attention. The single, which features versatile talent Rico Love, is a clear attempt at creating a crossover hit. While K.R.I.T. has well-established himself as a respected emcee and producer in the underground and with the fringe mainstream worlds, he has yet to dominate the airwaves. In an effort to expand his audience, Def Jam Records has paired K.R.I.T., who usually holds things down by himself behind the boards, with veteran producer Jim Jonsin in (assumed?) hopes that their combined talents yield more fruitful results. With the promise of Cadillactica on the way, what lies ahead for the King Remembered In Time?
Written by DJ Z on 10/15/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.