Update: The Daniel Czernilofsky-directed visuals for Big K.R.I.T.‘s Pay Attention single have been added.
In late April, longtime DJBooth favorite Big K.R.I.T. released MT. Olympus. In three months time, our feature of the record has been shared almost 200 times and sits with an average member rating of 4.6 (out of a possible 5 stars). Not bad, huh? Ready to remind everyone that his forthcoming, super-delayed new album is still on its way, the Meridian, Mississippi native has released Pay Attention. The single, which features versatile talent Rico Love, is a clear attempt at creating a crossover hit. While K.R.I.T. has well-established himself as a respected emcee and producer in the underground and with the fringe mainstream worlds, he has yet to dominate the airwaves. In an effort to expand his audience, Def Jam Records has paired K.R.I.T., who usually holds things down by himself behind the boards, with veteran producer Jim Jonsin in (assumed?) hopes that their combined talents yield more fruitful results. With the promise of Cadillactica on the way, what lies ahead for the King Remembered In Time?
Written by DJ Z on 10/15/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)