I was recently speaking to a friend and, when asked some of my favorite hip-hop newcomers, initially mentioned XV and Dom Kennedy, but also slipped in Big K.R.I.T. Not familiar with the Mississippi rapper/producer/DJBooth Freestyle alum, I explained to her that while I was introduced to the man on his recent breakthrough project K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, his ability to bare his soul on every record caught my ear, a quality he showcases yet again on his new song My Interpretation. My Interpretation is an audio outlook on pushing past life’s negatives and seeing through them, ranging in topics from struggling for a bite to eat to doubting oneself because of skin color. It’s like a motivational book on tape, in dope rap form. Interpretation’s softly soulful beat is self-produced, making it the kind of track you can play any non-hip-hop listening friend and have them understand exactly who Krizza is as an artist. Those looking to be introduced to even more under-the-mainstream-radar dopeness should check out Interpretation’s home, Prefix & Potholes Summer Sampler, out now.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/22/10
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.