Though Big K.R.I.T.‘s latest street album spawned several reader-acclaimed singles prior to its arrival in April, the project is still home to MULTIple potential hits just waiting to be unleashed. Today, the Mississippi representative liberated one of them, an emotionally-charged jam which finds him reflecting on his rise to fame. A plaintive vocal sample from M83’s Wait, ornamented with soaring strings, is the centerpiece of K.R.I.T.‘s own production. Over the emotionally-charged beat, he shares a few of the most important lessons he’s learned during his tenure in the game: “Be just and justify your actions. Breathe deep and walk upright. Lead and never follow.” Steve-Ography directs the candid official visuals, featuring cameos from J. Cole, Bun B, Freddie Gibbs and more. If you haven’t already copped the project, you can click here to stream and/or download King Remembered in Time via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/22/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.