When you’re Big K.R.I.T. the grind never stops. You’d think dropping Live From the Underground, the number one rap album in the country, would be enough to Krizza to take a vacation, but he’s right back at it with a brand new remix of Me & My Old School. Originally featured on his 4Eva N A Day album, the remix finds K.R.I.T.’s production only slightly tweaked, leaving the originally and appropriately rolling beat intact. Instead the real change comes on the mic, where Krizza is now joined by Houston representers Slim Thug and Lil Keke. That’s a lot of candy painted rhymes on one track and all three emcees come through with thoroughly wood-grained flows that pay tribute to the power of the right car to change your life. Or, as the headliner puts it, “I remember back in the day / all I wanted was a candy car with hella flakes.” For much more old school quality hip-hop with a new school touch be sure to cop both 4Eva N A Day and Live From the Underground, both ready to be bumped in the whip of your choice right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/20/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.