Since 2010, Big K.R.I.T.‘s KING freestyles have afforded the Mississippi phenom the opportunity to speak directly to listeners about subjects that have been weighing on his mental. The follow-up to last February’s KING Pt. 2, which saw the emcee reflecting on spirituality, fatherhood and much more over Just Blaze‘s Lord Knows beat, KING Pt. 3 revisits many of its predecessor’s themes. This time, he selects the No I.D.-produced instrumental from Nas’ Stay to back him as he spits about the difficulty of being Christian in the hip-hop game (“Be a rapper or a Christian, K.R.I.T. / ‘Cause in this game there’s no room for that religion sh*t.”), the lackluster critical response to his studio debut (“I respect their opinion but I still think they hatin’.”) and other burning topics. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but listeners craving more are encouraged to check out the recently-released What You Know About It.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)