Since 2010, Big K.R.I.T.‘s KING freestyles have afforded the Mississippi phenom the opportunity to speak directly to listeners about subjects that have been weighing on his mental. The follow-up to last February’s KING Pt. 2, which saw the emcee reflecting on spirituality, fatherhood and much more over Just Blaze‘s Lord Knows beat, KING Pt. 3 revisits many of its predecessor’s themes. This time, he selects the No I.D.-produced instrumental from Nas’ Stay to back him as he spits about the difficulty of being Christian in the hip-hop game (“Be a rapper or a Christian, K.R.I.T. / ‘Cause in this game there’s no room for that religion sh*t.”), the lackluster critical response to his studio debut (“I respect their opinion but I still think they hatin’.”) and other burning topics. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but listeners craving more are encouraged to check out the recently-released What You Know About It.
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.