Since 2010, Big K.R.I.T.‘s KING freestyles have afforded the Mississippi phenom the opportunity to speak directly to listeners about subjects that have been weighing on his mental. The follow-up to last February’s KING Pt. 2, which saw the emcee reflecting on spirituality, fatherhood and much more over Just Blaze‘s Lord Knows beat, KING Pt. 3 revisits many of its predecessor’s themes. This time, he selects the No I.D.-produced instrumental from Nas’ Stay to back him as he spits about the difficulty of being Christian in the hip-hop game (“Be a rapper or a Christian, K.R.I.T. / ‘Cause in this game there’s no room for that religion sh*t.”), the lackluster critical response to his studio debut (“I respect their opinion but I still think they hatin’.”) and other burning topics. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but listeners craving more are encouraged to check out the recently-released What You Know About It.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.