If today were your last day on Earth, would you be able to leave this world secure in the knowledge of a life well lived? Me, I’m not quite there yet; but, regardless of how you’d answer, we could all learn a thing or two from Booth fave (and freestyle series alum) Big K.R.I.T., who shares his philosophical perspective on life and the hereafter on new mixtape leak If I Should Die. Backed by his own wistfully melodic Chipmunk-soul boardwork (sampled from Marvin Gaye’s If I Should Die Tonight), the Mississippi representative explains that, though he’s still got plenty to accomplish here and now, the strength of his faith will ensure he’s ready whenever the Lord sees fit to take him. His plans for the proverbial “last day?” “Let the hoes that I used to know from way before kiss me from my head to my toes / give me some paper and a pen so I can write about the world, the child I never had, and my favorite girl.” Sounds like a good time to me! Booth readers can hear more from K.R.I.T. and the whole Cinematic crew on Sept. 14, when Jonny Shipes Presents: GoodTalk Vol.9 (Curve Your Enthusiasm Edition) hits the ‘net.
Written by richard on 09/1/10
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.