If today were your last day on Earth, would you be able to leave this world secure in the knowledge of a life well lived? Me, I’m not quite there yet; but, regardless of how you’d answer, we could all learn a thing or two from Booth fave (and freestyle series alum) Big K.R.I.T., who shares his philosophical perspective on life and the hereafter on new mixtape leak If I Should Die. Backed by his own wistfully melodic Chipmunk-soul boardwork (sampled from Marvin Gaye’s If I Should Die Tonight), the Mississippi representative explains that, though he’s still got plenty to accomplish here and now, the strength of his faith will ensure he’s ready whenever the Lord sees fit to take him. His plans for the proverbial “last day?” “Let the hoes that I used to know from way before kiss me from my head to my toes / give me some paper and a pen so I can write about the world, the child I never had, and my favorite girl.” Sounds like a good time to me! Booth readers can hear more from K.R.I.T. and the whole Cinematic crew on Sept. 14, when Jonny Shipes Presents: GoodTalk Vol.9 (Curve Your Enthusiasm Edition) hits the ‘net.
Written by richard on 09/1/10
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.