It practically goes without saying, but Big K.R.I.T. is feeling damn good right now. With 4EvaNaDay—an early front-runner in 2012’s Best Mixtape competition—blaring from car stereos everywhere and a blockbuster studio debut in the works, there’s no amount of hate that could knock the Booth fave off his stride. I Got This the newly-released lead single off K.R.I.T.‘s freshman set, captures that feeling of exultation to a tee. Over one of his most colossal beats to date, a trunk-banging yet intricately textured blend of syncopated percussion, chopped soul samples and G-Funk synths, the Meridian, Mississippi representer flaunts his lavish lifestyle, his “country b*tch,” and the rims on his “old-school whip.” As for those who would offer their non-constructive criticism, he advises them to save it, spitting, “Never worry bout me and don’t worry ‘bout mine, player / Worry bout you.” So, does this bombastic lead effort bode well for Big K.R.I.T’s Cinematic/Def Jam debut? Debate away—and keep it locked for all the latest on the yet-unscheduled Live From the Underground.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.