It practically goes without saying, but Big K.R.I.T. is feeling damn good right now. With 4EvaNaDay—an early front-runner in 2012’s Best Mixtape competition—blaring from car stereos everywhere and a blockbuster studio debut in the works, there’s no amount of hate that could knock the Booth fave off his stride. I Got This the newly-released lead single off K.R.I.T.‘s freshman set, captures that feeling of exultation to a tee. Over one of his most colossal beats to date, a trunk-banging yet intricately textured blend of syncopated percussion, chopped soul samples and G-Funk synths, the Meridian, Mississippi representer flaunts his lavish lifestyle, his “country b*tch,” and the rims on his “old-school whip.” As for those who would offer their non-constructive criticism, he advises them to save it, spitting, “Never worry bout me and don’t worry ‘bout mine, player / Worry bout you.” So, does this bombastic lead effort bode well for Big K.R.I.T’s Cinematic/Def Jam debut? Debate away—and keep it locked for all the latest on the yet-unscheduled Live From the Underground.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.