They say good things come to those who wait, and while I don’t know who “they” are, and “they” are usually wrong, when it comes to Big K.R.I.T. time might just be on his side. We haven’t heard much from Krizza since his heralded Return of 4EVA project dropped, but today a new collaborative release with Yelawolf that was a year in the making has finally surfaced. Get out the streamers, light some candles, it’s time to say Happy Birthday Hip-Hop. The soul-soaked production here is, of course, handled by the Mississippi native himself – if I had a candy-painted slab, this would be the beat I’d be riding to for the rest of the week. (That’s a big if.) Lyrically both Yela and KRIT deliver nicely, grabbing the mic to both look back at the origins of their hip-hop love affair - word to Souls of Mischief - and promising fans that they’ll never stray from their true hip-hop roots. Forgot to buy hip-hop a present? Don’t worry, you’ve still got time. Last King 2: God’s Machine, presented by DJ Wally Sparks (Big K.R.I.T.‘s official DJ) and DJ Breakem Off, drops August 18.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/11
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.