They say good things come to those who wait, and while I don’t know who “they” are, and “they” are usually wrong, when it comes to Big K.R.I.T. time might just be on his side. We haven’t heard much from Krizza since his heralded Return of 4EVA project dropped, but today a new collaborative release with Yelawolf that was a year in the making has finally surfaced. Get out the streamers, light some candles, it’s time to say Happy Birthday Hip-Hop. The soul-soaked production here is, of course, handled by the Mississippi native himself – if I had a candy-painted slab, this would be the beat I’d be riding to for the rest of the week. (That’s a big if.) Lyrically both Yela and KRIT deliver nicely, grabbing the mic to both look back at the origins of their hip-hop love affair - word to Souls of Mischief - and promising fans that they’ll never stray from their true hip-hop roots. Forgot to buy hip-hop a present? Don’t worry, you’ve still got time. Last King 2: God’s Machine, presented by DJ Wally Sparks (Big K.R.I.T.‘s official DJ) and DJ Breakem Off, drops August 18.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)