They say good things come to those who wait, and while I don’t know who “they” are, and “they” are usually wrong, when it comes to Big K.R.I.T. time might just be on his side. We haven’t heard much from Krizza since his heralded Return of 4EVA project dropped, but today a new collaborative release with Yelawolf that was a year in the making has finally surfaced. Get out the streamers, light some candles, it’s time to say Happy Birthday Hip-Hop. The soul-soaked production here is, of course, handled by the Mississippi native himself – if I had a candy-painted slab, this would be the beat I’d be riding to for the rest of the week. (That’s a big if.) Lyrically both Yela and KRIT deliver nicely, grabbing the mic to both look back at the origins of their hip-hop love affair - word to Souls of Mischief - and promising fans that they’ll never stray from their true hip-hop roots. Forgot to buy hip-hop a present? Don’t worry, you’ve still got time. Last King 2: God’s Machine, presented by DJ Wally Sparks (Big K.R.I.T.‘s official DJ) and DJ Breakem Off, drops August 18.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.