Big K.R.I.T. may have gone major, but he hasn’t forgotten his colleagues on the indie side of the industry. His first feature since the release of his Rich Dad, Poor Dad video back in November, promotional single Gettin’ Mine finds the Def Jam signee toasting his good fortune alongside a couple of talented artists from the Jamla Records stable. Label head 9th Wonder mans the mixing boards, creating a chill, sampled beat to back exultant bars by K.R.I.T. and First in Flight State favorite Rapsody. Heather Victoria, the rising R&B songstress behind 2011’s Hip Hop Soul Lives EP, contributes some ear-pleasing vocal harmonies to the chorus. This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.