Big K.R.I.T. may have gone major, but he hasn’t forgotten his colleagues on the indie side of the industry. His first feature since the release of his Rich Dad, Poor Dad video back in November, promotional single Gettin’ Mine finds the Def Jam signee toasting his good fortune alongside a couple of talented artists from the Jamla Records stable. Label head 9th Wonder mans the mixing boards, creating a chill, sampled beat to back exultant bars by K.R.I.T. and First in Flight State favorite Rapsody. Heather Victoria, the rising R&B songstress behind 2011’s Hip Hop Soul Lives EP, contributes some ear-pleasing vocal harmonies to the chorus. This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.