Big K.R.I.T. may have gone major, but he hasn’t forgotten his colleagues on the indie side of the industry. His first feature since the release of his Rich Dad, Poor Dad video back in November, promotional single Gettin’ Mine finds the Def Jam signee toasting his good fortune alongside a couple of talented artists from the Jamla Records stable. Label head 9th Wonder mans the mixing boards, creating a chill, sampled beat to back exultant bars by K.R.I.T. and First in Flight State favorite Rapsody. Heather Victoria, the rising R&B songstress behind 2011’s Hip Hop Soul Lives EP, contributes some ear-pleasing vocal harmonies to the chorus. This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.