Big K.R.I.T. may have gone major, but he hasn’t forgotten his colleagues on the indie side of the industry. His first feature since the release of his Rich Dad, Poor Dad video back in November, promotional single Gettin’ Mine finds the Def Jam signee toasting his good fortune alongside a couple of talented artists from the Jamla Records stable. Label head 9th Wonder mans the mixing boards, creating a chill, sampled beat to back exultant bars by K.R.I.T. and First in Flight State favorite Rapsody. Heather Victoria, the rising R&B songstress behind 2011’s Hip Hop Soul Lives EP, contributes some ear-pleasing vocal harmonies to the chorus. This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.