Big K.R.I.T. may have gone major, but he hasn’t forgotten his colleagues on the indie side of the industry. His first feature since the release of his Rich Dad, Poor Dad video back in November, promotional single Gettin’ Mine finds the Def Jam signee toasting his good fortune alongside a couple of talented artists from the Jamla Records stable. Label head 9th Wonder mans the mixing boards, creating a chill, sampled beat to back exultant bars by K.R.I.T. and First in Flight State favorite Rapsody. Heather Victoria, the rising R&B songstress behind 2011’s Hip Hop Soul Lives EP, contributes some ear-pleasing vocal harmonies to the chorus. This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.