Once upon a time, Big K.R.I.T. was struggling to make rent. Now, luxury pervades every aspect of his life—even during the hours he spends snoozing. On the fifth and latest #WeekofKRIT song release, the Mississippi representative holds up his Egyptian Cotton bedsheets as evidence of the comfortable existence he now enjoys. In laid-back verses, he luxuriates in the trappings of success, and reminisces about a hood upbringing that makes his current lifestyle seem even sweeter. As usual, he handles both mic and production duties; his breezy, sax-laced production is so smooth you can almost feel that thread count. Considering the quality of the song releases to date, K.R.I.T. undoubtedly has some dope sh*t lined up for the final two days of his digital series. We in the Booth, of course, will keep you supplied with the latest #WeekofKRIT singles.
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.